Preserve the memory of that special person by etching a photo of them in granite or memorial and adding your special text. Our granite and marble stones are high quality which is important for both the etching and durability.
Simply send us a photo and we'll create a beautiful etched memorial stone. The photo is etched into the granite or marble with precision resulting in a highly detailed graphic. See the Image Gallery (under main photo) for examples.
We offer three top quality materials for your personalized memorial: black granite, black granite pavers, and black marble.
1. GRANITE - OUTDOOR AND INDOOR USE:
Black granite is a premium polished granite that is light black in color and is 1/4" thick. The edges of the tile can be beveled or non-beveled. Black granite will withstand extreme climates and does not "wear down".
Exception: The 18" x 24" granite piece is 1/2" deep and is shipped crated. This size cannot be beveled.
2. PAVERS - OUTDOOR USE:
If the memorial will be walked on, the 2" thick black granite Paver should be used. Pavers have straight edges (no beveled edge). If the memorial is not going to be walked on, the 1/4" thick granite will work just fine. It is very durable and won't crack. Black granite will withstand extreme climates and does not "wear down".
3. MARBLE - INDOOR USE ONLY:
Marble memorials can be used indoors only. Our indoor memorials are etched into premium black marble and have straight edges.
1. Place the granite flat in the ground in a shallow indentation (can be set in cement if needed). Some customers display their memorial at an angle by making a landscape berm (mound of earth with flowers, ground cover, etc.)
2. Hang the granite or marble. We'll ship the product with the hanging device attached. The memorial will hang a bit off the wall (.25 inches). Pavers cannot be hung. This applies to plaques 11.5" x 8" or smaller
3. Flat-mount using a special epoxy that we'll provide (or you can use commercial epoxy). Instructions provided. Pavers cannot be flat-mounted.
4. Display on an easel. Our stone easels are perfect for the granite plaques: Stone Easel, Stone Easel with stand.
|Size ||Weight (lbs) ||Size ||Weight (lbs) |
|5x7 ||1.25 ||4x8 paver ||9.0 |
|6x6 ||1.25 ||6x10 paver ||12.5 |
|8.5x11 ||2.75 ||8x12 paver ||20.5 |
|12x12 ||4.5 ||9x14 paver ||27.5 |
|18x24 ||36 ||10x16 paver ||34.5 |
|24x24 ||46 || || |
PHOTO & TEXT:
Email the text and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. On the email's subject line, enter your Order Number. (Example: "Order 1234 - Photo & Text Attached").
Photo: Select a photo that has a sharp focus. The photo should be 200 dpi minimum. (If you need help on that, just give us a call.) There is an extra charge for multiple photos on one memorial.
Text: The total amount of text, including spaces, should not exceed 200 characters. The smaller the plaque, the smaller the lettering. For text that is longer than 200 characters, there will be an extra charge.
Click IMAGE GALLERY for examples of memorials. If you like, you can indicate a style that you like best, but we'd like to use our artistic skills to custom design it for you. Upon completion, we may add your memorial draft to our gallery. Please let us know if you prefer not to have the memorial added.
Please note that granite etching will not look like the photo draft. See this page for an example. Care instructions are included with the product.
1. Place an order.
2. Email the text and photo to email@example.com. Please include your Order Number on the subject line so that we can associate your text with your order.
3. We will send you a draft for your approval.
4. After you approve the draft, we will ship your order. You'll receive a tracking number so that you will know the scheduled delivery date.