The standard aluminum plaque is an alternative option for those customer who want a bronze plaque but are looking for a less expensive alternative. This is often used for memorials, dedications, recognition, and historical plaques. Our Standard Aluminum plaque can be made in 8-10 business days, after draft approval.
FEATURESFINISH: Brushed aluminum
* High quality precision tooled aluminum
* Made in 8-10 business days from draft approval
* One free draft. Additional charge for more drafts.
* No setup fees.
* No charge per character.
* Holds up to 1,200 letters, depending upon the size.
* Depth of plaque is 5/16"
* Several mounting options
* Standard border styles available
* Brushed finish
* Broad selection of font styles
* Available in brushed aluminum or in painted color (extra charge)
* Placement: Outdoors and Indoors (cannot be walked on or placed in the ground)
* Lifetime guarantee
Plaque faces are stroke-sanded with baked enamel background before being clear coated and oven baked with a two part hardened acrylic polyurethane. Generally, these are used for memorials, dedication plaques, or signage. This finish is not recommended for coastal areas. Raised copy and border is in brushed aluminum. If you want a bronze-like gold color, please send an email to email@example.com for a quote.
If you already know the size of plaque you want, simply select that size. If you haven't decided on a size, a general guideline is:
Count the number of letters and spaces and divide by 4. This will give you a typical plaque size in square inches. For example, 400 letters and spaces divided by 4 is 100 square inches. So a 10" x 10" plaque would work. We offer custom sizes as well.
TEXT: (See Memorial Text Suggestions or our other plaques for text ideas.)
A maximum of 1200 characters can be placed on the Standard Aluminum plaque.
LETTERING STYLE: Fonts
Several font styles are available. See Details tab for samples. The minimum letter size is 1/4" if the text is in ALL CAPS or 3/8" size if the text is in Upper and lower case. The larger the plaque, the larger the letters. The minimum size ensures that your plaque will be legible.
BORDERS: Border Styles
MOUNTING OPTIONS: Mounting Information
There are several options for displaying your plaque. Custom aluminum plaques can be mounted on a wall or flat surface or they can be mounted on a stake or post. (Although the link shows Bronze method, the same applies to custom aluminum.)
ROSETTES: See Details for samples
Rosettes are decorative covers used to conceal the screw head in each corner. These can be used with Type B, Type C and Type D mounting. (Although the link shows Bronze method, the same applies to custom aluminum.)
ARTWORK: Free Artwork Available
Depending upon the space remaining on the plaque after the text is
entered, a graphic can be added. After you place the order and send the
text, we will be able to tell you if the graphic will fit. Custom artwork (such as logos) is available as a separate product. For art designs, see Artwork.
We are enrolled as an active vendor in the US Central Contractor Registration (CCR) database and have a current Trading Partner Identification Number (TPIN) to conduct business as an approved supplier of aluminum plaques to government agencies and organizations. Call us toll-free at 866.309.2013 for details.
1. Place your order.
2. Email the text (and photo if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your order number on the subject line of the email.
3. We will provide a draft of your plaque for your review and approval.
4. Upon your approval, your order will be processed and we'll send you an email with a tracking number when it ships.