Preserve the memory of that special person by etching a photo of them in granite and adding your special text. Our granite stones are high quality which is important for both the etching and durability.
Simply send us a photo and we'll create a beautiful etched memorial stone. The photo is etched into the granite with precision resulting in a highly detailed graphic. See the Image Gallery (under main photo) for examples.
We offer two top quality materials for your personalized memorial: black granite and black granite pavers.
1. GRANITE - OUTDOOR AND INDOOR USE:
Black granite is a premium polished granite that is light black in color and is 1/4" thick. Black granite will withstand extreme climates and does not "wear down".
Exception: The 18" x 24" granite piece is 1/2" deep and is shipped crated.
2. PAVERS - OUTDOOR USE:
If the memorial will be walked on, the 2" thick black granite Paver should be used. Pavers have straight edges. If the memorial is not going to be walked on, the 1/4" thick granite will work just fine. It is very durable and won't crack. Black granite will withstand extreme climates and does not "wear down".
1. Place the granite flat in the ground in a shallow indentation (can be set in cement if needed). Some customers display their memorial at an angle by making a landscape berm (mound of earth with flowers, ground cover, etc.)
2. Flat-mount using epoxy obtained from a hardware store. Pavers cannot be flat-mounted.
3. Display on an easel.
PHOTO & TEXT:
Email the text and photo to [email protected] On the email's subject line, enter your Order Number. (Example: "Order 1234 - Photo & Text Attached").
Photo: Select a photo that has a sharp focus. The photo should be 250 dpi minimum. (If you need help on that, just give us a call.) There is an extra charge for multiple photos on one memorial. See Photo Tips.
Text: The total amount of text, including spaces, should not exceed 200 characters. The smaller the plaque, the smaller the lettering. For text that is longer than 200 characters, there will be an extra charge.
Click the small images below the main image for examples of memorials. If you like, you can indicate a style that you like best, but we'd like to use our artistic skills to custom design it for you. Upon completion, we may add your memorial draft to our gallery. Please let us know if you prefer not to have the memorial added.
Please note that the final granite etching will not look like the photo draft. It is an etching, not a photo. See this page for an example. Care instructions are included with the product.
A free draft is provided, along with a modification to that draft, if needed. After three drafts, we will contact you to discuss the cost of further modifications.
1. Place an order.
2. Email the text and photo to [email protected] Please include your Order Number on the subject line so that we can associate your text with your order.
3. We will send you a draft for your approval.
4. After you approve the draft, we will ship your order. You'll receive a tracking number so that you will know the scheduled delivery date.
For other photo memorials, go to Photo Memorials